Thursday, January 15, 2009

If you're wasting time...ask God to order your steps!

Hello Dear Friends!
I hope everyone is having a blessed and highly favored week! Today's message is based on a message I learned this past Sunday. Instead of resolutions this year, I've established a series of small goals that I would accomplish everyday and, if I only do 80% of that list on a daily basis, then I'm happy. This year, my only goal is to truly understand that I can't do it all but the little that I can do will be part of God's purpose for my life.

How do you ensure that the important things get done? Ask God for guidance with your plans. Have a vision and prioritize! Order your steps according to His Word. Create six categories of importance for you life and seek to accomplish two things from each category every day. This way, your life doesn't get cluttered with unnecessary activities- and it's easy to say no to things that don't fulfill that purpose.Here's an example of my new 2009 schedule (in order). If a request is made of me, and it doesn't fit into the list of priorities, it doesn't get added.

1. Spiritual: a) Spend quiet time with God daily (prayer, mediation, reading, fasting, etc.); b) share a word with someone else2. Family/ Friends: a) Face time with immediate family daily; b) Initiate some form of contact with extended family or friends daily (phone, email, text, visit)3. Health a) exercise, rest, and/or some sort of health/ wellness activity; b) schedule maintenance appointments (doctors, dentists, salon for me or family) 4. Career/ Business a) do an activity to assess where I am or how to advance my career or business; b) make plans for next steps5. Home a) do an activity to maintain my home (cleaning, decluttering, rearranging) b) do an activity to upgrade my home (purchase new items as needed, create plans for renovation6. Community a) do ONE deliverable assignment for any organization I belong to and attend one meeting or conference call; b) if no meetings are planned that day, do two deliverable assignments for that day.
I hope that you will be blessed by this email and the Scripture below.

Love,K.

Psalm 37: 23 23 The Lord directs the steps of the godly. He delights in every detail of their lives. 24 Though they stumble, they will never fall, for the Lord holds them by the hand. Psalm 119: 129-144 (the Message Bible) 129 -136 Every word you give me is a miracle word— how could I help but obey? Break open your words, let the light shine out, let ordinary people see the meaning. Mouth open and panting, I wanted your commands more than anything. Turn my way, look kindly on me, as you always do to those who personally love you. Steady my steps with your Word of promise so nothing malign gets the better of me. Rescue me from the grip of bad men and women so I can live life your way. Smile on me, your servant; teach me the right way to live. I cry rivers of tears because nobody's living by your book! 137 -144 You are right and you do right, God; your decisions are right on target. You rightly instruct us in how to live ever faithful to you. My rivals nearly did me in, they persistently ignored your commandments. Your promise has been tested through and through, and I, your servant, love it dearly. I'm too young to be important, but I don't forget what you tell me. Your righteousness is eternally right, your revelation is the only truth. Even though troubles came down on me hard, your commands always gave me delight. The way you tell me to live is always right; help me understand it so I can live to the fullest.

No comments:

Post a Comment