Tuesday, February 24, 2009

If you're a praying person...

Hello all-
I apologize for the duplicate post but several dear Friends were so moved by the poem that they requested permission to share it. In response, my dear friend EJT blessed me by helping me with the initial steps to having it published.

Please feel free to share the poem with everyone!
K.

Dear Friends-
Tonight's message is a little different but I hope you enjoy. It's an original poem I felt led to write.
Stay blessed,
K.

If you're a praying person, remember me
I may not always show
What lies beneath
My private struggles
Those moments I'm weak
I just keep on moving because I have faith
Trying not to succumb to human nature

If you're a praying person, remember me
I have such great hope
For what's in store
I move along daily
Pushing fear aside
Knowing God is with me
And my needs He'll provide
But in the still of the night
A voice whispers inside
Leaving me cold and unsure
That His promises are true
If you're a praying person, keep me in mind
So seeds of fear and doubt
Cannot take root

If you're a praying person, remember me
Because God is good
No matter how I feel today
God's got me in His palm
Whether I recognize His blessings
Or become angry and curse
His blessings abound
His love keeps me secure
Whether I'm an eagle soaring
Above the cares of the world
Or I'm trapped in the depths of despair
Sometimes I need reminding that God's in control
I need Him to send an angel
To bring me comfort
When my heart needs to mend
I need Him to send a friend
When I'm feeling low
To make me smile
To bless me with more warmth
than I could know...

So when you wonder how I am
And may even wonder what you can do
If you're a praying person, remember me
Because I'll be praying for you...

(c) 2009 Karen Abigail Williams. All rights reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment